JOB DESCRIPTION: The Project Accountant must have experience working in the construction and cost accounting fields, and with lien waivers, contracts, accounts payable, accounts receivable and Owner billing. This position includes, but is not limited to, processing monthly requisitions to the Owner and maintaining timely and accurate cost information in Vista in compliance with corporate policies.
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
DIRECT REPORT: Chief Financial Officer
WORK HOURS: 8am-5pm, Monday – Friday with one-hour lunch
- Establish, organize, and maintain current project files per department filing system for all projects you are assigned.
- Obtain copy of Owner’s contract for each project and familiarize him/her with financial aspects of the contract.
- Verify the accuracy of the previously billed and paid figures on the Subcontractor’s Application for Payment.
- Submit invoices to Project Manager on the project specific date for approval.
- Follow up with Project Manager to ensure information is returned in a timely manner.
- Work with each Project Manager as needed to ensure timely Owner billings and payments.
- Obtain Project Manager’s approval for subcontractor payments once the Owner payment is made.
- Ensure timely payment to subcontractors and vendors after approval is received and all paperwork has been submitted.
- Obtain renewal insurance certificates from subcontractors prior to each payment when expired.
- Complete monthly project reconciliations
- Follow all corporate policies and report any inconsistencies.
- Provide any supplemental reports/documentation as may be required by Owner.
- Verify all figures on the Project Status Report and complete Project Accounting section on a monthly basis.
- Full working knowledge of budget, contingency, and profitability of projects
- Additional responsibilities may be added by the department or project as necessary.
- Able to adapt to a flexible, fast-paced and dynamic work environment consistent with company core values and mission statement
- Understanding of basic accounting principals.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in Vista and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc).
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Accounting or related business degree preferred.
- Minimum of a two-year professional or technical degree is required with a minimum of two or more years of cost accounting or construction accounting experience
- Prolonged sitting. May require some bending, stooping, twisting, and/or stretching from seated or standing positions.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate information via telephone or computer.
- Requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Must be able to lift 10lbs or more.
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer